Top 5 Things to Do for Qatar National Sports Day 2020

Krishna Sharma, Staff Reporter

Since 2012, the second Tuesday of February has been celebrated as Qatar National Sports Day. This year, it falls on Feb 11. The Daily Q has compiled a list of top five recommendations that you can do on Sports Day.

1. Run for fun at the ‘Qatar Fun Run’ 2020.

For anyone who likes running, Qatar Fun Run 2020 might be for you. The three-kilometre race for adults is organized by AFG college in partnership with the University of Aberdeen (Qatar campus) at Al Jassiya Street. For children, there will be activities organized by BOUNCE Qatar. Participants will receive refreshments and food. To register, you just have to fill up a free form available in this link.

1. Take Part in Events Organized by the Qatar Foundation

Just like in 2019, Qatar Foundation is organizing a myriad of events during Sports Day, including outdoor events like the two-kilometer race for adults and mini-tracks for children, football, cricket, basketball and cycling, and indoor events like yoga, chess, Zumba, fitness activities and much more. All the events are open to the public! These events will be held in different places inside Education City, like the Oxygen Park, HBKU Student Center, the Ceremonial Court, the Recreation Center, Al Shaqab, and the Green Spine. Qatar Foundation is organizing the event in partnership with several entities like F45, Paris-Saint Germain Academy, UN1T Qatar, and Lululemon. Registration is free, and details of all events can be found on this link.

1. Cycle and Work-out at the Losail International Circuit, Only for Ladies and Children

For ladies, there is an exclusive set of events organized by the Losail Circuit Sports Club. You can cycle, join fitness classes, take part in sports activities and much more. You can find detailed information on all the events here.

1. Take Your Family to the Aspire Zone

Aspire Zone is offering several fun activities for families at the Aspire Park in Doha. There are activities like Fun Run, football, the Climbing Wall, volleyball, run and bike, basketball, badminton and so much more. Details on all the activities are available on this link.

1. Challenge your mind at the Museum of Illusions

For people who prefer mental exercise over physical ones, the Museum of Illusions in Doha is offering Dilemma games. Registration is not free, but you can win exciting prizes if you beat the record. You can buy tickets at the entrance. Information about the event can be found on their website.